Sytner - Service Technician
- When did you start working at Sytner Group? I started working at Sytner Mercedes-Benz of Teesside as an apprentice technician back in 2014.
- If someone wanted to become a Vehicle Technician, what key skills and attitude would they need? Someone who has a can do attitude, willing to learn and help colleges to ensure we meet deadlines. They must be mechanically minded and understand how the basic vehicle components work. Brand knowledge would be a bonus but this can be learnt on the job.
- What is your favourite part of your job? The feeling you get knowing you have done the job correctly and fixed the fault.
- Three words that sum up the people in your team? Trustworthy, Helpful and Determined.
- What’s been one of your proudest moments working at Sytner? My proudest moment working at Sytner has to be reaching the finals of the Sytner Elite Technician competition!
- How have you developed since working for Sytner? I started as an Apprentice technician which was a 3 year programme. I then went on to complete my Maintenance Technician Qualification and I’m now onto the final training to become a Systems Technician with my specialisation being in powertrain.
- What advice would you give to recent new hires? Don’t be afraid to take on bigger more challenging jobs and if you don’t understand something ask.