Caffyns - Master Technician
- When did you start your apprenticeship? Back in September 2015
- What’s your current job title? Volvo Master Technician – The youngest Volvo master tech in the UK!
- Why did you choose to do an apprenticeship? I done a year at college but then thought I’d learn a lot more doing an apprenticeship, plus you get paid!
- What was your favourite part about the apprenticeship? Learning on the job and working as a team, rather than a generic college course.
- How do you want your career to progress? Stick to what I am doing but just continue to learn even more! There are always mandatory courses to go on and new technology, so I am always having to stay up to date with my product knowledge!
- What advice would you give to someone thinking about doing an apprenticeship? Go for it! There’s no better way to learn than through a main dealership. The automotive industry is constantly changing, especially with electric vehicles so starting an apprenticeship at Caffyns means you will always be given the right training. My manager is always on hand to help and give advice too which is great!