Sytner - Apprentice Technician
- When did you start working at Sytner Group? I joined Sytner Group back in July 2016.
- How have you developed since working for Sytner? I originally started my career with Sytner as a Customer Service Apprentice working within the Parts department. I feel I have gained extensive knowledge of the BMW and MINI brand during my three years of service. I am now training to become a Light Vehicle Technician.
- Can you tell us about the culture in your workplace? Within my workplace, there is a strong ‘One team’ approach. The team is regularly gathered together and encouraged to share opinions and new ideas on how areas can be improved.
- Three words that sum up the people in your team? Supportive, professional and proficient.
- What does your place of work do to help its colleagues maintain a work-life balance? Sytner BMW Tamworth regularly organise out-of-work events e.g. Go-karting and paintballing.
- What’s been one of your proudest moments working at Sytner? One of my proudest moments working at Sytner was graduating from the Customer Service Apprenticeship.
- What advice would you give to recent new hires? Always give maximum effort into each aspect of your role and strive to learn as much as possible during the process.