Sytner - HR & Recruitment Apprentice
- When did you start working at Sytner Group? I started working at Sytner in February 2020 as a HR and Recruitment Apprentice at Sytner Group Head Office in Leicester
- How have you developed since working for Sytner? I feel like I have developed a lot whilst working at Sytner as before I had never worked within the HR sector. I have learnt so much about HR as well as completing my Level 3 HR Apprenticeship and CIPD alongside my everyday job.
I feel like I have become a lot more independent and self-reliant due to the current circumstances of covid-19, as we are working from home and only see my team on zoom calls. I feel like it has made me a lot more confident in the work that I produce.
- Can you tell us about the culture in your workplace? The culture at Sytner is really one where I can see myself growing as a person but also developing my career path. Sytner strive to promote from within which gives me a lot of self-motivation as I currently started as a HR apprentice.
- Three words that sum up the people in your team? Hard working, supportive and friendly.
- What does your place of work do to help its colleagues maintain a work-life balance? We have meetings on zoom every other day as a team and 1-2-1’s every other month with our Manager which allows us to regularly review our workloads.
- What’s been one of your proudest moments working at Sytner? My proudest moment was when I received the phone call from my manager to say that I got the job. When I saw the vacancy advertised I felt like it was the perfect job for me.
- What advice would you give to recent new hires? Never be afraid to ask questions as everyone at Sytner is always willing to help you. Knowledge is power and it can really develop you as a person. Sytner is an amazing place to work!